Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Trip to Yosemite - November 2007

America has 390 National Parks; they were established to preserve what is truly special about America.

I enjoyed a quick trip to Yosemite a few weeks ago. I’ve been to many national parks and each are wondrous, amazing and unique in their own way; places that make you wonder about our place in the world. Yosemite was no different as I drove around with scarcely a person in sight (partly because of the late Fall visit) I felt at times as if I was the only person on the earth.
The grandeur of Yosemite brought me a sense of awe. John Muir once wrote, “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of this place and get as near the heart of the world as I can.”

No comments: