Tuesday, August 21, 2007

She Sings Like Bird

It is Summer 2007 the Norah Jones concert is sold out. I’ve missed out, I’ve lost my chance to watch one of my favorite singers perform in one of my favorite places the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. Damn! Maybe my trusty old friend Craig’s List will have a ticket for sale; someone has to have a ticket they can’t use….

The ad read “She Sings Like a Bird” Looking for special lady to enjoy the NJ concert with. Oh Great! He is probably a complete whack-job. No way, I’m not going to attend a concert with a guy I don’t know, who knows he may chop me up I little pieces and toss me in the Willamette River. Humm,,, Okay fine I’ll reply, I am sure by now he’s gotten thousands of responses and he isn’t going to kill me right there in an area full of thousands of concert goers. After four days with no reply I accept my fate and resign myself that I would not be going to the concert, one final search on Craig’s List for a ticket and a quick check of my emails, nothing.

But Wait??

Simply stated the email read “W~ if you are still available I would like you to join me at the NJ concert” P~
Oh I must be the luckiest lady alive, I bounce out of my cubical announcing to my co-workers I’m going to the concert…. With deep concerns they all take turns terrifying me about the dangers of meeting a stranger off the Internet. Do I heed their warning, NOPE!!! Because I’m going to the concert, yeah!!!!
A few glasses of wine, a perfect gentleman, nice looking, great conversation, more in common than expected, a fantastic concert and an amazing new friend, it was truly a magical night the kind that young girls fantasize about. She truly does sing like a bird.

4 comments:

Jules~ said...

You did great my friend! Welcome to the world of blogging! I laughed all over again thinking about the whole brave ordeal of meeting a guy from Craig's List. What can't you find there?

Kevin Wecker said...

The question is:

"Aren't they all men named Craig?"

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
The pleasure was all mine. We should get together again soon.

warmest regards,
Peter

Trek 4 Fun said...

Peter,
How wonderful to hear from you, it would be great to see you again.
Wendy