Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trout Lake, Washington ~Fire~

A fire, started by lightening, and fanned by wind, on the southern slopes of Mt.Adams, Washington has burned over 6,000 acres in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest and east towards the Yakima Reservation. Strong winds have driven smoke in cloudy plumes over the Trout Lake Valley and east towards Glenwood and Goldendale, Washington.

Firefighters and crews have moved into a basecamp located at Trout Lake School: Helicopters and airplanes are seen dropping water and fire retardant on the flames.


2 comments:

Jules~ said...

It is scary, awful, and sad. I worry for the safety of people and mourn the loss of beautiful acreage. But at the same time, slap me but isn't there something mesmerizing about watching the glow of fire? I found myself thinking your pictures were beautiful.

I hope everyone is okay and the fire gets smothered quickly. I am always in awe of the courage of firefighters.

Jules~ said...

I have a little surprise for you at my place. Come on over for a read when you have time.