Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Beagle Takes the Show - Westminster

For those closest to me know I love beagles. I was the proud owner of a beagle and loved that little dog more than a person should love a dog. He was so full of personality, trouble and contant chaos. He has since left my life but I still have a family picture proudly hanging in my livingroom of he and I.
So you can imagine my extream excitment when "Uno" won the Westminster dog show this week. Go Beagles!!!!! Never has a beagle won before. For those of us who grew up with Snoopy we are all smiling a bit brighter today. Thank you Uno...
At long last, a beagle is America's top dog.
Baying and barking to his heart's delight, Uno lived up every bit to his name Tuesday night, becoming the first of his breed to win best in show at the nation's biggest canine competition.
"He's a people's dog, a merry little hound," handler Aaron Wilkerson said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_re_us/dog_show

1 comment:

Jules~ said...

I thought of you this morning when I heard this on the news.