Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Ride - and a Goose

I’ve had lots of things get in my way while riding. Bratty out-of-control-kids, peoples’ dogs on or off leashes, people not paying attention, rocks, unexpected pot holes, cars… but today I had a goose stand right in the bike lane and he wasn’t moving for me or anything for that matter.

I was riding along the Willamette River in Oregon City clipping along at 16 mph. I'm thinking as I get closer he’ll take a few steps back towards the grass. Nope! The big dumb-ass stands right in the bike lane and stares at me as if to say “Bring it on lady, I’ll bite your leg if you get to close” or “What are you going to do, hit me, I dare you” or “Hellooo, I was here first” Whatever he was thinking I was feeling a bit arrogant myself so I breezed by him close enough to make him flinch or so I thought. He didn’t move a muscle just watched me go by.
Just to clarify, I would never hurt an animal and if there were gozzlings around I'd have slowed down and move but this guy and I just had to have a little stand off. It was cute!

2 comments:

Jules~ said...

oh my goodness what a daring little qwacker!

Mima said...

LOL, what nerves of steel! He is very lucky that he wasn't trying that in a car lane, he might not have been so lucky, or could have caused an accident.