Saturday, March 8, 2008

Windsor, Ca (Barrel Tasting)

Each year winery’s participate in the annual Barrel Tasting. The goal of Barrel Tasting is the chance to introduce people to wines still in the barrel, help them learn about wine, understand what they’re tasting and offer futures for sale.

I took flight from PDX on Friday and enjoyed a weekend of barrel tasting in the Sonoma Valley area of California.

I visited too many wineries’ to list on my blog but will share the link to my favorite. I enjoyed the wine but also the people and atmosphere.

The only thing that could have made this weekend any better would be to have my bike. The cyclists were out enjoying the sunshine, warm are and decent roads. I was reminded again like on most trips I take how wonderful our Oregon roads are for cyclist.
Wilson Winery by far the best for great wine, nice people, fun relaxed environment and the wine maker is a woman. :)

View of the Wilson vineyard.

Winery Dogs, each winery has a dog... Most were yellow labs but I saw a few different breeds.

Barrels of wine everywhere, yummm.




The wine is extracted from the barrel with a glass wine-theif.

2 comments:

Mima said...

That looks like great fun, and I should imagine nice to see the sunshine for a weekend!

Jules~ said...

I am so glad you had a great time. And hey (wink wink) that guy is really cute!