Monday, October 15, 2007

Bend, Oregon in the Fall

There isn’t a more beautiful place then Bend Oregon in the Fall. The drive alone is great. As you head up Hwy 26 towards Mt. Hood the fall colors are so vibrant. Since it gets colder on the mountain at night it causes the fall colors to be more dramatic then what we experience in the Portland area.

I was introduced to a new area to mountain bike Phils Trail. I highly recommend you take a loop around it the next time you are lucky enough to visit the Bend area.

While descending down the hill and after I’d relaxed a little I took in the sights and thought how lucky I was to be there, how lucky I was to be enjoying this beautiful day, this beautiful area.

My weekend was full of little realizations of how blessed I am in life. It is funny how being out in nature can bring a deep sense of centeredness to the soul.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you had a good time at Phil's! Next time you're in town leave me a note on my blog and I'll take you to some more trails!

Jules~ said...

What a great pictoral description. You know what a wimp I am. Normally I think central Oregon and equate it with heat, sweat, dust, and bugs. But your colorful wordage makes me want to jump on my bike and explore.

Trek 4 Fun said...

Thanks Heidi~ I'll look you up next Spring when I'm in Bend.. Have a great Winter!!