Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Chased by the Brush-Prairie-Beagle Sunday


I joined my friends (Portland Wheelmen) Sunday morning for a 30 mile bike ride in Washington. It was a perfect day the weather was amazing and after the rainy fall we are having here in the Northwest it was a welcome treat to be out on our bikes enjoying the warm sunshine, crisp fall air and vibrant blue ski. I enjoyed a view of Mt. St. Helens on most of my ride. The group dropped me after 7 miles not sure what was wrong with my groove but I was lagging behind at 18-19 mph and the first group was cruising at 20-21 mph. I got caught at a red light and they were out of sight within minutes. Not to worry I had the sunshine, my bike, a map of the route (thanks to Ann) and my goofy thoughts to keep me entertained. Not to mention a flock of Canadian geese circling up ahead. There was a field of them to numerous to count I peddled by in aw as the field looked alive with this movement almost unrecognizable. As I slowed and looked out over this sight I was startled back to reality as a fat beagle ran out along side of me ready to rip my leg off. He kept my pace for a few seconds as I yelled “bad dog, go home, no, no.” Obviously these people don’t know what a leash law is. I winded the little shit after a few hundred feet and I laughed out loud as I imagined the homeowners looking out the picture window of their farm house laughing hysterically at me. Why, because I’d do the same thing, I’d laugh too. I continue down the road with my thoughts. Today’s ride was perfect, I’m giving it a 10!

1 comment:

Jules~ said...

That looks like a scary and ornery little brat dog!

you know what?...I would be laughing at my window too!