Monday, October 22, 2007

The Tao of Tea


Anyone who aspires to follow the Way of Tea, guard against jealousy. If you place yourself in the center, to envy others, to tempt others - you will lose the way. Know what you have to do, and as you immerse yourself daily in the way of tea, happiness will come. The more you look up to others, the clearer your own position will become. Remember the humble heart of the tea preparer in the teahouse, for they know the spiritual taste of tea. Know what you know and know what you don't know - only then will the limits of your strength become evident. The Way is never exclusive. It is open to all to follow. (Taken from Tao of Tea)

I experienced something new this weekend… Tea, not just a hot cup of colored water with a light flavor but real tea. Tea with a special friend, tea that warmed my heart and my soul. Tea the way it was suppose to be.

http://www.taooftea.com/index1.php3

3 comments:

Jules~ said...

REally?....I can't wait to hear all about it.....'cause we get to hang out together tomorrow night! Yahoo!

JMH said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I lived in PDX from '94-'99, try to get back every summer, but I do miss the biking and kayaking on the Willamette. Have fun and I will keep reading.

Nora Whitmore said...

Hi!
Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog! My only regret with whitewater is that I didn't start at an earlier age. I encourage you to take lessons...you'll never regret it! Oregon has great whitewater! I grew up out in Oregon and it's been years since I've been there. I really miss it! Keep posting...I really enjoyed reading your blog...esp about the tea!